Lake Chapala Reporter is an English-language online magazine which serves existing and prospective expats who are visiting or living in the Lake Chapala region of Jalisco, Mexico. The magazine was founded in December of 2012.
Its mission is to provide readers with the unbiased information they need about living in this region. The magazine strives to be a trustworthy advisor on such matters as immigration, housing, cost of living, relocation, the law, crime, transportation, utilities, technology, local business, insurance, and health care. It is the only magazine of its kind in this region, and perhaps in all of Mexico. Whereas other magazines are focused on culture and activities, Lake Chapala Reporter is focused on investigative journalism and practical, often vital, information found nowhere else.
The Lake Chapala Reporter makes all editorial decisions based on globally-recognized journalistic standards. That is:
- the only criteria for not reporting information is the safety of our staff (physical and legal),
- information sources are only revealed with permission,
- money or in-kind donations are never accepted for information,
- advertisers are not consulted nor considered when making editorial decisions,
- we reserve the right to refuse any advertising, with or without cause.
We welcome feedback and ideas on how to better serve this publication’s readers. We also welcome new writers. And, we pay for thoughtful, informative, well-researched, original articles. Our email address is info@LakeChapalaReporter.com.
Please join our family of loyal readers,
Lisa L. Jorgensen
Publisher and Editor-in-Chief, Lake Chapala Reporter